What To Expect
We are a multi-national body of believers who operate out of love and hospitality.
No specific church background or experience is required to feel at home.
Our purpose as a church is simply "Loving God and Loving Others." We get that purpose from the Bible, in Matthew 22, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
We realize that Christ has made it so simple for us. Although it sounds so easy, we recognize the need to be in community with each other to support those who are striving to follow Christ's words in this world. We invite you to join us in this mission by becoming a part of the Rockville Church of God community!
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. In the verbal inspiration of the Bible
2. In one God eternally existing three persons, namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
3. That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor.
4. That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commended of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. That justification, regeneration and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. In sanctification following to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
7. Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
8. In the baptism with the Holy Ghost following to a clean heart.
9. In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit give utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
10. In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
11. Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
12. In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the Saints’ feet.
13. In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
14. In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.